Located by the ocean, La Rochelle and the surrounding coastal towns invite you to admire sublime sunsets. Take advantage of unobstructed views over the horizon to share a moment of reverie at nightfall.
Our top five sunset viewpoints
- L'Houmeau, Marsilly and Esnandes in total privacy: relax on the beach or take to the skies from the coastal cliffs.
- In the Port-Neuf district of La Rochelle, sitting at a table in a café: after a walk or bike ride along the coastline, take a seat on the bar terrace of La Corniche (2 Boulevard Winston Churchill).
- At sea, aboard a boat: take to the open waves for a get-together with the sun and the sea.
- In Châtelaillon-Plage, Aytré, Angoulins or Les Minimes in La Rochelle, to the sound of the waves: get comfortable on the soft sand, enjoying an exceptional panorama across the horizon
- At the Belvédère (Rue Raymond Lavenue), at the foot of the Île de Ré bridge: 15 minutes from the Old Port of La Rochelle, this 3 km-long structure is cloaked in a beautiful orange hue every evening.
Recommended for you
Family, two or solo … Find smart ideas to satisfy all your desires.