Do you have a disability and want to enjoy a holiday in La Rochelle? Quickly find all the information you need to travel in total peace of mind: essentials, accommodation, restaurants, activities, practical information and travel … We'll tell you everything you need to know.
Discover the stories of La Rochelle and its unexpected gems in a whole new way. Through a podcast of about five minutes, let yourself escape with our passionate and fascinating guides.
Listen to our podcasts (in French)
Adapted holidays: stay in La Rochelle
Parking in La Rochelle is free for disability-card holders.
Find out more DISABLED PARKING
Park as close as possible to the Tourist Office:
• Vieux Port Sud cark park: underground car park with spaces available 24 hours a day. Elevators take you to ground level; you will then need to cross the road to reach the Tourist Office
• 2 disabled parking space located just in front of the entrance to the Tourist Office. Free for disability-card holders. This is the perfect space to reach us from, with no road to cross.
- WC Parking Vieux Port Sud, only on Level -1: toilets accessible only with a parking ticket. Badge your ticket to open the toilet door. Once you have your ticket, the toilets are accessible 24 hours a day.
- WC Parking Encan/Aquarium at 200 meters from the Tourist Office: 2 types of toilets accessible to PRM.
Paid guarded toilets (0,50€): open every day; schedules: from Easter to 30/09 from 10am to 6:20pm / from July 1st to August 31st from 10am to 7pm with closing to users at 6:50pm. Closed out of season.
Public toilets (sanisette), free and open all year round, to the right of the guarded toilets.
We're to help! The La Rochelle Tourist Office has been awarded the Tourism & Disability label
Information, personalised advice, useful addresses and more. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We are at your disposal to help you plan your adapted stay in La Rochelle.
Our Tourist Office is able to welcome all types of disabled people and has obtained the "Tourism and Disability" mark for 4 types of disability: Motor, Mental, Auditory sensory and Visual.
The tourist office's reception staff have been made aware of and trained in welcoming and supporting visitors with disabilities.
- Wide and unobstructed circulation spaces
- Benches available
- A whiteboard and marker are available at reception
- One audio-induction loop is available
- We offer illustrated guides with pictograms to carry out adapted conversations and facilitate understanding
- We accept guide dogs for the blind in our establishment
- The tourist office provides visitors with two remote controls for audio-signal traffic lights (universal)
- All obstacles at face height (less than 2m20 from the ground) have been secured
Useful numbers and addresses: health and disability
La Rochelle Town Hall:
Public Health and Accessibility Department