Do you have a disability and want to enjoy a holiday in La Rochelle? Quickly find all the information you need to travel in total peace of mind: essentials, accommodation, restaurants, activities, practical information and travel … We'll tell you everything you need to know.
Discover: welcome to La Rochelle
Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, La Rochelle is located in the heart of Charente-Maritime.
Coming to La Rochelle means discovering:
- remarkable heritage
- exotic maritime landscapes
- a bubbling cultural life
- exceptional sites
- unforgettable stopovers on the islands
- the softness of its coasts and the calm of its hinterland...
Discover the stories of La Rochelle and its unexpected gems in a whole new way. Through a podcast of about five minutes, let yourself escape with our passionate and fascinating guides.
Listen to our podcasts (in French)
Adapted holidays: stay in La Rochelle
Find the list of accessible and/or Tourism & Disability labelled tourist activities, accommodation and restaurants in La Rochelle and the surroundings.
Transport and travel
To get around La Rochelle and the region, rely on our public-transport network. Yélo services can adapt to various disabilities to help you discover the destination.
Find out more TRANSPORT AND TRAVEL
Audio-signal traffic lights have been installed at certain pedestrian crossings to help those with visual impairments get about. These audio-signal traffic lights are activated via an individual remote control, which can be delivered on request and upon the presentation of proof:
- By getting in touch with the Mission Handicap (Disability Service) of the City of La Rochelle: 05 46 51 51 42
- From the Tourist Office, which has two universal remote controls available to issue.
Parking in La Rochelle is free for disability-card holders.
Find out more DISABLED PARKING
Park as close as possible to the Tourist Office:
- Vieux Port Sud cark park: underground car park with spaces available 24 hours a day. Elevators take you to ground level; you will then need to cross the road to reach the Tourist Office
- 2 disabled parking space located just in front of the entrance to the Tourist Office. Free for disability-card holders. This is the perfect space to reach us from, with no road to cross.
Adapted public services
Download the list of public services accessible to people with disabilities: town halls, post offices, shops, pharmacies and more.
We're to help! The La Rochelle Tourist Office has been awarded the Tourism & Disability label
Information, personalised advice, useful addresses and more. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We are at your disposal to help you plan your adapted stay in La Rochelle.
Our Tourist Office is able to welcome all types of disabled people and has obtained the "Tourism and Disability" mark for 4 types of disability:
- Motor disability
- Mental disability
- Auditory sensory disability
- Visual disability
Find out more La Rochelle Tourist Office
The tourist office's reception staff have been made aware of and trained in welcoming and supporting visitors with disabilities.
- Wide and unobstructed circulation spaces
- Benches available
- A whiteboard and marker are available at reception
- One audio-induction loop is available
- We offer illustrated guides with pictograms to carry out adapted conversations and facilitate understanding
- We accept guide dogs for the blind in our establishment
- The tourist office provides visitors with two remote controls for audio-signal traffic lights (universal)
- All obstacles at face height (less than 2m20 from the ground) have been secured
Useful numbers and addresses: health and disability
La Rochelle Town Hall:
Public Health and Accessibility Department
Recommended for you
Family, two or solo … Find smart ideas to satisfy all your desires.